Are vs. were nice

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
If someone invites me to have a dinner at his home, I need to write a thank you card afterwards. In this card, I write
"Thank you for inviting me to have a dinner with you. You "are" or "were" so nice".

Which tense should I use? Thank you.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    What are you trying to say: that they were nice during the dinner (or for inviting you), or that they are nice, in an ongoing way?

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
    What are you trying to say: that they were nice during the dinner (or for inviting you), or that they are nice, in an ongoing way?
    If I means he was so nice to invite me to have a dinner, can I write in the thank you card that "You were so nice for inviting me to have a dinner with you."?

Loob

English UK
    Hello jokaec.

I don't think you need to say more than "Thank you for inviting me to have dinner with you",

You could add "It was kind/nice of you to invite me" ~ but that might sound a bit too humble....

Perhaps you could say, instead, something like "I really enjoyed it".:).

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
    Hello jokaec.

I don't think you need to say more than "Thank you for inviting me to have dinner with you",

You could add "It was kind/nice of you to invite me" ~ but that might sound a bit too humble....

Perhaps you could say, instead, something like "I really enjoyed it".:).
    Thank you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >