are you going to meet me soon?

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by fouxdufafa, Feb 15, 2010.

1. fouxdufafa Member

Vancouver
    English - Canada
    I'd like to write, "Are you going to meet me soon?" Est-ce que tu vas me rencontrer bientôt? I'm sure this isn't right. Does one have to say "Est-ce qu'on va se rencontrer bientôt?" In English, there's a difference between "Are you going to meet me?" and "Are we going to meet each other?" The difference is that one person is available, waiting to see the other person who has not come.

Your help is appreciated! :)

2. Lacuzon

Lacuzon Senior Member

France
    French - France
    Hi,

I would translate "Are you going to meet me soon?" with Est-ce que tu vas (enfin) venir me voir bientôt ? or Vas-tu (enfin) bientôt venir me voir ?
    Adding enfin means one has been waiting the other for a very long time.

Est-ce qu'on va se voir bientôt ? or Allons-nous nous voir bientôt ? translate Are we going to meet each other soon?

3. minipousse Member

france
    Urdu and French France
    Hello, "Est-ce qu'on va se rencontrer bientôt?" :tick: i think it corresponds to what you want to say, you could also say " on se voit bientôt ? " / " est-ce qu'on se voit bientôt?" with the idea that the person who speaks is willing to meet the other person but is not sure that this person can come or not,

i hope it helps ;)

4. fouxdufafa Member

Vancouver
    English - Canada
    Merci, Lacuzon! Votre réponse rapide est appréciée!

5. fouxdufafa Member

Vancouver
    English - Canada
    Merci, Minipousse!