Are you registered in Paltalk?

< Previous | Next >

sb70012

Azerbaijani/Persian
Hello,
Paltalk Messenger is a software used for chatting. I want to ask my friend if she is registered in Paltalk or if she has a Paltalk ID but I don't know which one of my self made questions are correct.

1. Jennifer, do you have any Paltalk ID?
2. Jennifer, are you on Paltalk?
3. Jennifer, are you signed up in Paltalk?
4. Jennifer, are you registered in Paltalk?
5. Jennifer, are you in Paltalk?

What's your opinion about my above self made questions? If you were me, how would you say that?

Source: self-made general question
Thank you

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    In addition, "software" is a mass noun. It has no plural form; that is, the word "softwares" is always an error. Mass nouns also do not take the article "a," so you cannot say "Paltalk is a software ..." It should be "Paltalk is software ..." or "Paltalk is an application," since application is a countable noun (you can have more than one of them).

sb70012

Azerbaijani/Persian
    In addition, "software" is a mass noun. It has no plural form; that is, the word "softwares" is always an error. Mass nouns also do not take the article "a," so you cannot say "Paltalk is a software ..." It should be "Paltalk is software ..." or "Paltalk is an application," since application is a countable noun (you can have more than one of them).
    Thanks for answering. If you were me, how would you say that?

Linkway

British English
    I'm not familiar with Paltalk, but perhaps these examples might help:

Do you have a Skype ID?
    Are you on Skype?
    Do you have Skype?
    Can I Skype you?

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    "Are you on..." and "Have you got..." are the two variations I've been asked.
    "Registered ..." sounds a bit formal to use about a chat/messenger network.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    In addition to the other suggestions, here is a way to avoid all of the prepositions: "Do you use Paltalk?"

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >