arealmente vincolante

gettingby

Am. English
  1. Hello,
    "Arealmente" is a totally new word to me. "Areale" seems to mean "an area where species reproduce spontaneously, "but this is a text about geophysical surveying, so that certainly doesn't fit. Can it come from "area"?

Avevamo a disposizione un elemento arealmente vincolante importante come un accesso ben visibile della miniera, che ci ha dato un’indicazione fondamentale sulla collocazione planimetrica delle strutture estrattive nel sottosuolo.

We had the advantage of an important and tightly circumscribed area in which to work, the highly visible entrance to the mine, which provided us with fundamental information regarding the planimetric position of the excavated structures underground.

• k_georgiadis

English (AmE)
    In my view, arealmente is an adverb derived from areale, the second meaning of which is (Garzanti):

¶ s. m. in biogeografia, zona di insediamento e mantenimento di una specie.

I would be inclined to translate it as:

We had at our disposal (or, at hand) a compelling and important element from a geographical point of view, namely a highly visible access to the mine...

Vincolante basically means binding but I am guessing that here it is used to express a highly important geographical feature.

My best guess!

gettingby

Am. English
    Oh my gosh, I had NOT considered my OWN species. Of course- HUMAN insediamento. Ha ha. I only thought of animals.