Argue for

Sextus

Spanish
"As is the case with the search for ataraxia, I think that the achievement of this state is not a defining feature of Pyrrhonism. I will argue for this intepretation in what follows."

Sextus

• Sextus

Spanish
    Nop, I was just asking about the grammar. Sorry I'm not that specific, but those who usually answer my threads already know this.

Sorry again.

Cordialmente,

Sextus

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Sextus said:
    "As is the case with the search for ataraxia, I think that the achievement of this state is not a defining feature of Pyrrhonism. I will argue for this intepretation in what follows."

Sextus
    As with the search for ataraxia, I think that the achievement of this state is not a defining feature of Pyrrhonism.
    I will argue for this intepretation in what follows.

Looks good.

DAH

USA/California--English
    Sextus said:
    "As is the case with the search for ataraxia, I think that the achievement of this state is not a defining feature of Pyrrhonism. I will argue for this interpretation in what follows." Sextus
    Argrument(s) supporting this interpreation, I will put forth with the following statements: 1) ___, 2) ____, 3) ____, and, finally, 4) ____.

Sextus

Spanish
    Cuchu, what about the following examples:

1) As is the case with PH, the Skeptical treatment of efficient causes at AD iii 195–358 should prevent us from interpreting Sextus as asserting that the holding of opinions is the cause of perturbation and unhappiness, whereas the adoption of suspension of judgment is the cause of unperturbedness and happiness.

2) Of course, in this case as well the Skeptic is not committed to any belief, but is simply following the appearances, as is the case with his acting in accordance with the laws and customs of his community.

3) As is the case with these two aspects, I have also argued that the Skeptic does not seem to regard the attainment of ataraxia as an essential part of his Pyrrhonism.

Thanks,

Sextus

DaleC

cuchuflete said:
    As with the search for ataraxia, I think that the achievement of this state is not a defining feature of Pyrrhonism.
    I will argue for this intepretation in what follows.

Looks good.
    I'd say "as for", not "as with". To me, they're not equivalent.

Sextus

Spanish
    But the meaning I'm looking for is not "as regards" or "concerning". I'm saying that what happens in the case of A, also happens in the case of B.

Sextus

< Previous | Next >