Armadillo?

• DCPaco

Spanish of Mexico/ English of the USA
    :confused: (sorry, I didn't see this was Romanian) armadillo is how I've heard it in Spanish...but according to wikipedia, it's also: cusuco, pichi, mulita, tatú, gurre, cachicamo, toche, pirca, among others.

Now, I also feel the need to say that Armandillo (from Armando) is a diminutive. So, in Italian it might be Armandello.

123xyz

Macedonian
    Is an armadillo also called "armodial" in Romanian, in addition to being called "tatu"? This is the word that the dictionary here gives me, but I can't find it in DEX and I get very few Google hits for this. I wonder whether there's something wrong with the word, or whether armadillos are so obscure or irrelevant for Romanian speakers that they've written very little about them on the Internet. Meanwhile, I cannot really count the hits for "tatu", because this word is apparently a Romanian surname as well.

farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    N-am întâlnit până acum "armodial" - tatu este denumirea acceptată, vezi și aici

S-ar putea să fie o greșeală, n-am mai găsit armodial decât la halo.ro

Cred că dacă-i spui armadilo (nu apare în dicționare!) multă lume va înțelege despre ce e vorba :)

f.

123xyz

Macedonian
    Mulţumesc pentru răspunsul. Dacă vine vorba de o greşeală în dicţionarul WordReference, sper că va fi corectată curând (poate trebuie s-o semnalez?).