Arpitan/Patois Valaisan: Avoué bôn pan è bôn vén fa bàjouén dou mèdeussén

berndf

German (Germany)
I need help deciphering an inscription on the outside of a chalet in Crans-sur-Sierre, i.e. the dialect is Patois Valaisan.
Avoué bôn pan è bôn vén fa bàjouén dou mèdeussén
Cholè è Fendant peindan to l'an

This is what I can identify
With good bread and good wine make ??? doctor
Chair and Fendant [a popular local wine; Fendant is the local name of the Chasselas grape] ???

Not enough to understand it.

• berndf

German (Germany)
    That's what I would have guessed as well but it would have been just that, guesswork.

I could't find anything for bàjouén. But while writing this reply it dawned on me when trying to read it out loud ([bɐʒ'wẽ]). <j> stands for [ʒ] and that is the local pronunciation of [z]. <à> can stand for an Schwa and <én> [ẽ] corresponds to French <in> [ɛ̃]. So it corresponds to French besoin. So I read the first line now as:

Avec bon pain et bon vin [il n'y a] pas besoin du médecin = With good bread and good wine [there is] no need for the doctor.

Fendant
    is the local name for the Chasselas grape, the most popular wine grape in Western Switzerland. There are two possible interpretations of cholè: a variant of sela = chair or it could mean alone (cognate of French seul). The latter I have found in the patois of the Gruyère region. I can't associate cholè with any sort of bread but it would of course make sense.

But I agree with you on peindan to l'an = pendant toute l'année = all year/the whole year. That seems rather safe.

Thank you. :)

berndf

German (Germany)
    :idea: I have got it: Cholè means sun (soleil). So translated into French:

Avec bon pain et bon vin pas besoin du médecin
    Soleil et Fendant toute l'année