arrange <for> a conference or meeting

yakor

Russian
Hello. It is ok to say
-Please, arrange a meeting for next week.
Is it OK to say
-Please arrange a conference.?
What would be the difference between sentences with "for" and without "for" after the verb "arrange" in this case?
-Please, arrange for a conference. OR Please, arrange a conference

Last edited:
  • Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Thank you for clarifying your question. I see now that you are asking the difference between the two options in each of these pairs of sentences:

Please arrange a meeting. vs Please arrange for a meeting.
    Please arrange a conference.
    vs Please arrange for a conference.

In the first pair, concerning "meeting," I don't see much difference between the two, though it might depend on context.

In the second pair, it depends on what you mean by "conference." In the most common AE sense of the word, I wouldn't use either sentence. If, however, we're talking about something like a parent-teacher conference, then either might be possible.

yakor

Russian
    In the first pair, concerning "meeting," I don't see much difference between the two, though it might depend on context.
    Could you tell me please when there were the difference between them? I can't make up with it.
    Thanks for the correction of the title too.

yakor

Russian
    I don't see much difference between 'Please arrange a meeting' and 'Please arrange for a meeting' either. What context do you have in mind?
    I thought you would give such a context to see some difference if it could be.
    But I think that to "arrange a meeting" means to be involved in the meeting as a participant while arranging.
    If you "arrange for a meeting" you could or couldn't be present at the meeting.

< Previous | Next >