Arrival Longitude (Prime Meridian) ?

Michael_Mrkhmana

Aramaic, Kurdish, Arabic.
Hello Everyone,
There's software/application it call (openshot video editor) and i am trying my best to translate it to Arabic, but yesterday i found text that i don’t understand what it mean i tried 5 different dictionaries to understand the meaning but i couldn’t, so please can anyone tell me what it mean, how to translate it ?
my problem is just with the "Prime Meridian", PLEASE can someone tell me the meaning and put it in different examples, and I’ll be very very thankful.

if you want the original text from original site, check this: https://launchpad.net/openshot
text number is 792.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello Michael_Mrkhmana. :)

I can't find 'prime meridian' on the website behind the link Please copy the sentence where you see it and post it in this thread. You will get more help if all the necessary information is in the thread itself, with the link just for additional information. Besides, it's a rule. ;)

Michael_Mrkhmana

@Cagey
    Uhh, i am very very sorry i apologize, here is the full/complete link to the website :
    https://translations.launchpad.net/openshot/trunk/+pots/openshot/ar/+translate?direction=backwards&memo=800&start=790
    scroll down and you see text number 792 that my very big problem

for additional information:
    Linux is OS(operation system) for computers and other devices, it's open source OS, and all software/applications open source too.... , what open source mean ? ok... open source it mean that everyone/anyone have right to download software(if it's open source) and develop it to make it better that's in case someone have good knowledge of programming, in my case i don’t, so i decide to help with translate some Famous programs to different languages(i start with Arabic, later Kurdish) so, openshot one of them, that the whole story :D

i know my English not that good, i apologize and i am very sorry. :eek:

Imber Ranae

English - USA
    Unfortunately that site doesn't provide any kind of context. I'm not even sure what "arrival longitude" is supposed to mean in relation to video editing. Is this an option within the program? Since you seem familiar with the program, do you know what it does?

Michael_Mrkhmana

Yes sir it's some kind effects to video, my friends told me that and because he use it (openshot video editor) i personally didnt now use it yet, i did use it before long long time ago, so i think "openshot video editor" team they add new effects and one of
    them is this one "arrival longitude (prime meridian)
    "

thanks.

Last edited:

Biffo

English - England
    Specifically the problem is that the term "Arrival Longitude (Prime Meridian)" sounds like a phrase used in navigation of ships or aircraft. The link you give seems to lead to a completely different context - that of a video editor called OpenShot.

If you want to know about the Prime Meridian here is a discussion:
    An international conference in 1884 decided the prime meridian passes through the Royal Observatory, Greenwich in southeast London, United Kingdom, known simply as the prime meridian but also sometimes referred to as the International Meridian or Greenwich meridian
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_meridian

If you wish to know the meaning as it refers to OpenShot then you need to show us a portion of the manual that describes how to use the software. An isolated phrase is not enough.

Last edited:

Imber Ranae

English - USA
    Indeed, I think any normal person with fluency in English would understand it as referring to navigation, not video editing. Maybe this is some kind of metaphorical usage particular to the jargon of video editing, in which case there can be no reason why you shouldn't just translate it literally. Surely there's an Arabic word for the Prime Meridian. "Arrival longitude" is a bit more difficult, but I suppose it must mean the longitude value of the coordinate at a particular destination.

< Previous | Next >