Arrive from X to Y

El10

Spanish-Colombia
Is it OK to say something like "How many days does it take for a letter to arrive from New York to Japan?"
I'm asking because I've been taught that I should always use "arrive in" for countries, but I think that it might be different in this case because of the structure "arrive from X to Y." But what if I change the word order in the sentence and say, "How many days does it take for a letter to arrive in Japan from New York ?" Is the sentence still grammatically correct, or should I still write "to" instead of "in"? By the way, is it the same with people? Are " She arrived from New York to Paris." and "She arrived in Paris from New York." correct?
Thanks

• Kirill V.

Russian
    I may be wrong, but I think you always arrive in (a country, a city...). I am not even sure whether you can arrive from... Arrival is an act of becoming present at a specific point, I guess.
    So I'd rather say: She arrived in Paris going from New York ...

Again, I may be mistaken. Let's see what native speakers say :)

entangledbank

English - South-East England
    You can arrive from and in, but not to. If you want to say 'from X to Y', you need a different verb, like 'travel'.

Kirill V.

Russian
    You can arrive from and in, but not to. If you want to say 'from X to Y', you need a different verb, like 'travel'.
    Thank you. So, for example, She arrived from New York yesterday is okay then.
    But does it sound Okay to a native speaker's ear if one combines arrive in and arrive from in one sentence?
    Using the same example, is it Okay to say She arrived in Paris from New York
    ?

SReynolds

Hungarian
    Just for the record, the one that I think would be most commonly used is:

How many days does it take for a letter to arrive in New York from Paris?

SReynolds

Hungarian
    I agree, but I didn't want to use another verb (the question was about arrive and its prepositions).

El10

Spanish-Colombia
    OK, then if I say "It takes around 10 days for a letter to arrive in New York from Paris." it's fine, but If I say "It takes around 10 days for a letter to arrive from Paris in New York." is it still correct, or is it "incorrect word order"?