article - 40% of (the) vote

Crisvlc

Spain-Spanish
Which one is the correct form?

Between both of them don't even get a 40% of (the) vote/voting intention in the polls for today.

Should I use the article the in this case? Do you think the verb get is correct in this context or there is a better collocation?

Thank you for your help!:)

• nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Hola:
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your sentence.

Do you want to say that" non/either of them get more than 40% voting intention for the poll today?":confused:

nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Hola:
    So i guess it would be "non/neither of them get more than 40% of the vote in the poll today"

They are in the same vote at the same day, but non of them get more than 40% votes, right?

If the situation is as I described, then I think my translation should be okay:)

mhp

American English
    mylam said:
    Between both of them, they didn't even get 40% of the vote in today's polls.:tick:
    "intención de voto" does not directly translate to English. If you translate it as vote/voting intention the sentence can't be understood. Also note that there is no a before the percentage (unlike Spanish).

worldspeak

USA
    English-USA & German
    How about:
    Between the two of them, they didn't even (get/manage to get) 40% of the vote in today's polls.

< Previous | Next >