articular la participación de

< Previous | Next >

ilaló

English, USA
Este texto se refiere a la identificación de mecanismos de financiamiento apropiados para vincular bienes y servicios con potenciales invesionistas. Me preocupa la traducción del verbo ‘articular’. Agradecería sus sugerencias para mejorar mis intentos.

Esta parte del proceso ayuda a visua­lizar el tipo o tipos de mecanismos que mejor articulan la participación del inversionista.

Intentos:
a. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best coordinate the participation of the investor.
b. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best articulate the participation of the investor.
c. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best involve the participation of the investor. (Is it redundant to say “involve the participation”? Hmmm....I just found 73,100 hits on google.)
d. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best link [connect with?] the participation of the investor.

¡Gracias mil!
Ilaló

• Idiomático

Latin American Spanish
    Este texto se refiere a la identificación de mecanismos de financiamiento apropiados para vincular bienes y servicios con potenciales invesionistas. Me preocupa la traducción del verbo ‘articular’. Agradecería sus sugerencias para mejorar mis intentos.

Esta parte del proceso ayuda a visua&shy;lizar el tipo o tipos de mecanismos que mejor articulan la participación del inversionista.

Intentos:
    a. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best coordinate the participation of the investor.
    b. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best articulate the participation of the investor.
    c. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best involve the participation of the investor. (Is it redundant to say “involve the participation”? Hmmm....I just found 73,100 hits on google.)
    d. This part of the process helps to visualize the type or types of mechanisms that best link [connect with?] the participation of the investor.

¡Gracias mil!
    Ilaló

Yo diría articulate.

ilaló

English, USA
    ¡Gracias, Idiomático y martinche! Me han convencido que "articulate" puede usarse de esta forma. Saludos, Ilaló

Tom Finken

English- USA
    italó,

Pretty late to tell you, but your (a) choice was the best. In English, "articulate" means to say something, and always involves speech, not like in Spanish, where it's used to express a coordination of activities, like the joints in the body work together.

Hope that this was of some help.
    Peace,
    Tom

ilaló

English, USA
    Thank you, Tom! It's never too late. I had that doubt about "articulate", having only heard it in connection with speech, but after seeing all kinds of things on google I began to wonder.

ilaló

English, USA
    Thanks, tazx. I can see that "structure" might work better in a lot of cases where I've translated "articular" as either "articulate" or "coordinate". I will keep it in mind the next time it comes around!

Saludos

juno

English USA
    I've been struggling with "articular" as found in non-profit language. An example might be "...para mejor articular la participacio'n de los actores en la poli'tica forestal." The context is everything. I must agree Ilalo's comment above. Articulate is a *false cognate* for "articular" in the majority of cases.

Instead, 'articular" can mean coordinate, implement, realize, enact, develop, manifest (v.), make possible, drive, result in...among other word choices!

We need more context, maybe the sentence before and the sentence after, to get a better sense of what you are trying to say. But words I would choose for your sentence might be: promote, support, drive, result in.

MrMadrid

English
    italó,

Pretty late to tell you, but your (a) choice was the best. In English, "articulate" means to say something, and always involves speech, not like in Spanish, where it's used to express a coordination of activities, like the joints in the body work together.

Hope that this was of some help.
    Peace,
    Tom
    Yes. I am afraid I see this mistake (articulate) all the time. And it is a word that gives translators fits. Just see WordReference; "coordinate", "link" and "relate" are good solutions.

< Previous | Next >