As a sign of solidarity, would you light a candle?

< Previous | Next >

Alpha0ne

England English/Spanish
Hello all,
You were probably as moved by what happed over Christmas as I was.
Therefore, I feel the need to express my emotions. I got really upset watching all the scenes on TV. I was deeply moved to see all that was being done on behalf of the victims of the "Tsunami". The entire world has joined in signs of solidarity. Now, I dare to ask you to go a bit further in showing some deeper feeling by adding a candle to your avatar and perhaps other sites in this "virtual realm" will do something similar, and perhaps, just perhaps, the people affected will feel the love which we send forth...come on! we can't remain indifferent in the presence of such events...I go to bed thinking of these poor people with no proper home to go to, and no relatives to greet, no wife to hug, no child to hold, and quite honestly, it makes me sad. So, if you find the kindness in your heart to start this act of solidarity for the victims of the "Tsunami" and all innocent souls who have died this last year, please do so.

Thank you for reading this thread,
Best wishes for this year ahead of you all, and may your God Bless you.

A1 :thumbsup:
Solidarity candle. gif/ candle:Solidarity Candle
Note: To use candle, first open link, then right click(on image) with mouse and "save image as" Once you have it on your PC use it as any other gif. you want to use as avatar.
(If the Webmaster/administrator sees this properv)

PS if anyone has a better candle, please download it for us to use. :tick:
Our "Star" Artrella has just sent me this wonderful link:Free Pictures (Candles)
Thanks a million, Art... :thumbsup:
Note: To use candle, first open link, then right click(on image) with mouse and "save image as" Once you have it on your PC use it as any other gif. you want to use as avatar.

• Silvia

Italian
    Hi AlpahOne, I see your point.

However, I hope you won't think that someone's being insensitive, if he/she won't put a candle as an avatar.

Alpha0ne

England English/Spanish
    Hey! Where have you found such lovely looking candles Badger?? (Now that is what I call an elegant candle) My candle looks as if it urgently needs to contact "Weight watchers" Really pronto!!!:eek:
    Jokes apart, nice work guys...I am honored you did the sacrifice of giving up you avatars. It is for a noble cause.
    All the best,
    Would it not be nice if the whole of the Internet showed candles on their sites in honor of the victims? That would be near enough to "Utopia" for me!!! :)
    Once again...thanks!

Alpha0ne

England English/Spanish
    No, Silvia...
    I am not a dictator. I just thought that it would be a nice gesture. No one is under any moral obligation; after all, there are different ways of showing concern. My candle idea was just one of them. I did donate to an organization in Shri-lanka. I just wish the world could pull together...I still have faith in the human race.
    I became a vegetarian years ago, just because I it was my way of saying I care for life, not that I criticize anyone who eats meat (My wife eats meat, and I respect that) Just bare in mind however, that to produce 1kgr of meat it takes 10x the amount in grain or whatever they feed them with now days...Wow! I let myself go there....excuse me.:eek:
    Regards and best wishes to everyone,

badger

Ireland, English speaker
    Alpah0ne said:
    Hey! Where have you found such lovely looking candles Badger?? (Now that is what I call an elegant candle) My candle looks as if it urgently needs to contact "Weight watchers" Really pronto!!!:eek:
    :(

Hi Alpha.

I borrowed mine from Tormenta, so she's the elegant one.

Badge.

Silvia

Italian
    Alpah0ne said:
    Just bare in mind however, that to produce 1kgr of meat it takes 10x the amount in grain or whatever they feed them with now days...
    No need to say these things to me, I am the wrong person, I was born what you became years ago.

You'll understand, I don't want to get personal in a public forum.

Good luck with your commendable initiatives :)

Conchi

España, español
    I think it is not a bad idea. We can remember all those poor people and theis suffering. I will try to put a candle.

Alpha0ne

England English/Spanish
    Thank you all for your support. :tick:
    A small grain of sand is nothing...but millions turn in to a beach.
    A star is not much...but millions form a galaxy, a universe...
    A drop of water is not much...but millions turn in to river, an ocean, a sea.....
    A candle is nothing...but millions can light up the world like the Sun.
    A person is not much...but millions form the human race.... :)

And I would like to extend a blessing to everyone in this forum, because you are all good people... :thumbsup:
    I wish every single one of you happiness and prosperity, and I hope you see all your dreams come true... :)

Alpha0ne

England English/Spanish
    Hi all,
    I want to thank you for your support. It is a noble gesture on your behalf. :)

A grain is not much...but a millions grains makes a beach.
    A drop is not much...but millions of drops make up an ocean.
    A human being is not much...but millions of human beings make up the human race.
    A candle is not much...but millions of candles give off the light of a thousand Suns.

I would like to send out a blessing to all the people in this forum, they are all good people. May the Lord bless them and protect them...

Thank you all for your support,

Conchi

España, español
    Alphaone,
    I do not know if I was be able to ligh the canddle. Could I?
    If not, it is on my mind and i will try again.

< Previous | Next >