As/as being discussed...

< Previous | Next >

shop-englishx

Banned
Urdu
Hi, all.

Don't believe in media persons (journalists), the story about any tape recording as being discussed in media (TV, radio etc.) is totally baseless and farthest from the truth.

Don't believe in media persons (journalists), the story about any tape recording as discussed in media (TV, radio etc.) is totally baseless and farthest from the truth.

What's the difference in meaning between these two sentences?

Thanks in advance!!

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    What's the source of this text, Shop-English? Either version (which is the original?) seems to be two sentences, neither correct, run together—and I don't understand what the second one's saying.

shop-englishx

Banned
    Urdu
    What's the source of this text, Shop-English? Either version (which is the original?) seems to be two sentences, neither correct, run together—and I don't understand what the second one's saying.
    I've seen the first sentence on the Facebook, the second sentence is self-made that's using "as". I just want to know if there is any difference in meaning when I use "as discussed" in place of "as being discussed"? Someone told me that "as being" implies the action is taking place NOW and "as" suggests the action takes place REGULARLY.

Wordsmyth

Native language: English (BrE)
    Neither sentence makes much sense to me!

Can you give us more information about the situation, or perhaps make up a simpler sentence using "as being discussed" as you understand it?

Ws

< Previous | Next >