As dangerous as that sounds, 0x80 is somewhat more restrained than other botherders.

hack3rcon

Russian
Hello.
I'm reading Mafiaboy book from Michael Calce and I want to know what does "As dangerous as that sounds, 0x80 is somewhat more restrained than other botherders" mean? Can it mean "It is true that sounds is dangerous but..." ?
"0x80 earned his money by placing adware, a form of malicious software, on the compromised computers. Once installed, it collected information about users' browsing habits while also subjecting them to an onslaught of pop-up advertisements. He earned a commission for each successful installation. He would also install a worm that could gather valuable information such as passwords and credit card data. As dangerous as that sounds, 0x80 is somewhat more restrained than other botherders."

Thank you.

• DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I'm reading Mafiaboy book from Michael Calce and I want to know what does "As dangerous as that sounds, 0x80 is somewhat more restrained than other botherders" mean? Can it mean "It is true that sounds is dangerous but..." ?
    Yes: that's basically what it means. Or "Although it sounds dangerous..." is another way of expressing it. :)

< Previous | Next >