As far from disturbed as it’s possible to get

sobhan

PERSIAN
As far from disturbed as it’s possible to get
what does "As far from disturbed as it’s possible to get" mean?
Source: The Girl On The Train, Paula Hawkins

• owlman5

English-US
    Please post the sentence you found the phrase in, sobhan. That's context, which is very important in this forum.

By itself, the phrase doesn't mean anything. If Hawkins used the phrase in a description of somebody's state of mind, it should mean that the person is not at all disturbed.

sobhan

PERSIAN
    Please post the sentence you found the phrase in, sobhan. That's context, which is very important in this forum.

By itself, the phrase doesn't mean anything. If Hawkins used the phrase in a description of somebody's state of mind, it should mean that the person is not at all disturbed.
    I think of the man I met the other day: the calm demeanour, the soft voice, the warmth in the eyes.
    As far from disturbed as it’s possible to get. That smile, though. “It’s outrageous that this has been
    printed. There should be rules . . .”

owlman5

English-US
    Thank you. The narrator doesn't see anything disturbed in this man's eyes. He doesn't seem to be any kind of tormented or crazy person.

sobhan

PERSIAN

obviously fucking disturbed.”
    I think of the man I met the other day: the calm demeanour, the soft voice, the warmth in the eyes.
    As far from disturbed as it’s possible to get. That smile, though. “It’s outrageous that this has been
    printed. There should be rules . . .”

< Previous | Next >