as long as/untill/unless

Lun-14

Banned
Hindi
hi,

"this will not shown in anyone else's News Feed unless/as long as/untill you share it."

can i use there three (unless, as long as, untill) in the above sentence? if not, what is the difference between the usage of these three?

please help me.

thanks.

Lun

• Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    I've heard that when you use "unless", the sentence is negative.

While "as long as" and "until" don't work.

"this will not shown in anyone else's News Feed unless you share it."

Until you share it, this will not shown in.....
    As long as you.......

Lun-14

Banned
    Hindi
    can some native speaker explain why "untill" and "as long as" are incorrect in the above sentence?

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    can some native speaker explain why "untill" and "as long as" are incorrect in the above sentence?
    That would be hard as they are correct.

This will not be shown in anyone else's News Feed unless you share it - It will not be shown if you do not share it.

This will not be shown in anyone else's News Feed as long as you share it - It will not be shown provided that you share it (if you don't share it, it may very well be shown). The suggestion here is that you don't want it to be shown, and to avoid its being shown you should share it.

This will not be shown in anyone else's News Feed until you share it - It will not be shown before you share it.

Notice that until is spelt with one l and that this will not shown (as in the OP) is not correct; I have assumed you meant this will not be shown.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >