as part of a patent case with implications for (modify what)

< Previous | Next >

ironman2012

Chinese
Hi,

An Indian court has launched an inquiry into allegations Xiaomi disobeyed an order restricting its phone sales as part of a patent case with implications for the Chinese smartphone maker’s expansion plans.

(This comes from ftchinese.com Indian court opens Xiaomi probe on Feb.6, 2015 by James Crabtree.)

This long sentence confuse me. Does "as part of a patent case" modify "phone sales", or "an order", or "allegations", or "an inquiry", and "with implications for" modify "a patent case"? Could you analyze them for me?

Thanks in advance!

• Glenfarclas

English (American)
    I had to read it several times, but I'm pretty such it is the launching of the inquiry which is part of the patent case. I don't blame you at all for not being able to parse this sentence easily, although the subsequent text of the article helps clarify the matter.

ironman2012

Chinese
    I had to read it several times, but I'm pretty such it is the launching of the inquiry which is part of the patent case. I don't blame you at all for not being able to parse this sentence easily, although the subsequent text of the article helps clarify the matter.
    Thank you! In addition, does "with implications for" modify "a patent case"?

< Previous | Next >