as per our discussion

absoluto

ENG
Today i got a call form a reputed company to update my details on there company portal. I just changed the details they requested and i need let them know using sms i need to make it formal . How can i send it professionally

• Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    Hello absoluto, and Welcome to the Forum! :)

I think this would easier if you told us the sentence you were thinking of writing, and showed us how that sentence uses the phrase 'as per our discussion'.

Beryl (Mod.)

absoluto

ENG
    Hello , and Welcome to the Forum! :)

I think this would easier if you told us the sentence you were thinking of writing, and showed us how that sentence uses the phrase 'as per our discussion'.

Beryl (Mod.)

i think ' as per our telephonic conversation i have updated the changes you requested. ------ sorry for my bad English. can you polish my language

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    Yes, I think that works, more or less.

'As per our telephone conversation, I have applied the changes you requested'.
    or,
    'Further to our telephone conversation, I have made the changes you requested'.

I think the second version is better, although it may be a little stiff for a text message.

tedfromtoronto

bilingual CE/AE, understand BE
    Absoluto
    Canadian legal culture would say there is no magic formula - whatever works is fine. I would say: Made changes as requested; please review and advise whether satisfactory.

Also Absoluto, check your use of there/their.

Susan Y

British English
    I totally agree with ted. With all due respect tp Beryl, I would advise you never to use the horrible phrases "as per" or "further to"; they make you look pompous and/or old-fashioned. I think ted's suggestion is perfect

sdgraham

USA English
    "As per..." is quite common in AE business communication and nobody using it will be regarded it as being pompous in that context.

As a side note, absoluto, remember that "I" is always capitalized in English. <<Off-topic comment deleted.>>

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >