as regards my scientific passion

< Previous | Next >

Norvadol

English
"I like a good combination of various scientific fields, as regards my scientific passion."

Is this usage of As regards correct?
If not, what would be proper?

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It’s hard to say, without a little more context. Can you explain what you want your sentence to mean, and in what situation you would use it?

Norvadol

English
    It’s hard to say, without a little more context. Can you explain what you want your sentence to mean, and in what situation you would use it?
    The complete paragraph is:
    "As well as my desire to save people's lives and make them better, I've selected Medicine because of my passion of examining, showing up the symptoms, connecting between properly, and find out what the issue is. In addition, I like that Medicine has a good combination of various scientific fields, as regards my scientific passion."

I want "my scientific passion" to be the reason for "I like that Medicine has a good combination of various scientific fields." in an appropriate way.

- This is a part of a letter of intent of an application of a scholarship.

Jim in Phila

American English
    Suggestion. Rephrase your sentence: "I like the fact that Medicine, with its good combination of various scientific fields, challenges my scientific passion for it."

Bongone

English - Australia
    One generally has a passion ‘for’ something.

Also, ‘connecting between properly’ has no meaning at all.

< Previous | Next >