As the lever for...is particularly high

< Previous | Next >

Michael30000

Russian
Hello everyone,

From the book AI in Marketing, Sales and Service by Peter Gentsch.

The discussion on the subjects is very industry-oriented, especially in Germany. Industry 4.0, robotics and the IoT are the dominating topics. The so-called customer facing functions and processes in the fields of marketing, sales and service play a subordinate role in this. As the lever for achieving competitive advantages and increasing profitability is particularly high in these functions, this book has made it its business to highlight these areas in more detail and to illustrate the outstanding potential by numerous best practices:

I think "lever" here is used with the meaning of "means for achieving an end/goal".
Does "As the lever for...is particularly high" simply mean that it is really difficult to achieve competitive advantages and to increase profitability?

Thank you.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I think "lever" here is used with the meaning of "means for achieving an end/goal".
    I think it is used wrongly. It should be "standard" or "bar". This latter is a figurative use of the bar in the sports of high-jumping or pole-vaulting, i.e. the bar is high for X = reaching that standard in X requires a lot of effort/skill/application.

< Previous | Next >