As when I start working, I will still be living with my parents

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by vorasaya, Sep 12, 2006.

1. vorasaya New Member

thai
    I want to say, "As when i start working, i will still be living with my parents, therefore, i wouldn't have any rent or bills to pay. As a result this amount will help pay household expense"

well what i wrote was"

"Comme je commence a travailler, j'habiterai avec mes parents. En consequence, Je n'ai pas payer de loyer donc cette somme pourrai aider les frais domestiques."

<<i know it's not exactly the same, but does it convey similar meaning? Please can you help me correct where i doesn't sound right? Thank you sooo much>>

2. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    Almost :) it's just a question of word order :
    "Etant donné que j'habiterai toujours avec mes parents lorsque je commencerai à travailler, je n'aurai pas de loyer à payer, et donc cette somme /pourra/pourrait servir à régler les frais domestiques."
    "les frais domestiques" is not very clear, though
    les dépenses courantes would be better, I think :)

3. vorasaya New Member

thai
    thank you sooo much Caroline. You've been very helpful :)

4. anangelaway

anangelaway Senior Member

Toulouse
    French
    Welcome to the forums vorasaya ! :)

I just changed the title of this thread in order to allow further searches for the same topic according to WR rule #4. Please remember in the future to post the subject of the title of your thread.

Thank you,
    Anangelaway