...as will...

sheezafan

malaysia
On the other hand, warning and information messages with symbols such as these << Image files deleted >> could be ignored as will allow the payroll process to continue; however, it is important to understand the messages for possible actions.

I just would like to know if the construction of the above statement is correct. As a non-native English speaker, I am not sure whether or not this is a fixed expression.

If this is correct, kindly explain and cite another example.

thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Guner

Turkish
    On the other hand, warning and information messages with symbols such as these could be ignored as will allow the payroll process to continue; however, it is important to understand the messages for possible actions.

I just would like to know if the construction of the above statement is correct. As a non-native English speaker, I am not sure whether or not this is a fixed expression.

If this is correct, kindly explain and cite another example.

thank you!
    You can replace 'as will' in that sentence with 'because they will' to understand what's meant and how you can use it elsewhere.
    I would prefer 'as they will' or 'because they will' personally without omitting 'they' in that case.

Ex:
    I left the club a bit early as I was tired and it was getting late.
    Firemen emptied the building as they didn't want to risk lives.

PS: This usage is not similar to the one in :
    "I Am Conscious That One Day I Will Die As Will The Universe!"

henryhiggins

USA English
    On the other hand, warning and information messages with symbols such as these could be ignored as they will allow the payroll process to continue...
    Don't forget to include a comma to separate the two independent clauses:

On the other hand, warning and information messages with symbols such as these could be ignored, as they will allow the payroll process to continue...

Once the needed "they" is present, the second clause can stand on its own (independent clause), complete with a subject (they) and a verb (will allow). Therefore, the comma separates the two, and avoids the reader stumbling over a run-on sentence.

Best,
    HenryH.

< Previous | Next >