"as you get a pass on attendance"

Yul

Canada, French
Context:
Yes, our 15th annual winter show is Saturday, November 29. This is a very special weekend ias it is the opening of the ski season and a long weekend for Americans as they celebrate Thanksgiving. We have many visitors to the resort during this time and it also gives us a good inventory of paintings for the Christmas season.

Question:

How would you say otherwise "as you get a pass on attendance" in the sentence below below:

"We hope this is an “easy” show for you as you get a pass on attendance! During this particular show it is difficult to find accommodations so we will not request your presence!...just your paintings or sculptures!"

Thanks
Yul

• "We hope this is an “easy” show for you as you will automatically gain a pass by simply entering!
    During this particular show, it is difficult to find accommodation so we will not request your presence!...just your paintings or sculptures!"

Last edited:

Loob

English UK
    Ah, I understood "get a pass on attendance" differently from Bonjourmonamour. I read pass as in noun meaning 11 in the WR dictionary
    you advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent
    and therefore as indicating that the artists didn't need to attend.

If that is the meaning you were aiming for, Yul, then I suggest you simply say something like: We hope this will be an “easy” show for you: you won't even need to attend!

(As regards accommodations and Bonjour's suggested change to accommodation, I believe the plural is used in AmE/CanE, although it's not in BrE).

< Previous | Next >