Asking for the deadline

chiara9119

Italy Italian
Can anyone help me with the correction of this e-mail?
Thanks a bunch!!
Kià

Dear Mr Bugg
I am writing to you to know the deadline for the posting of our pre made films since I could not find a date in the attachment.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

• Panpan

England, English
    chiara9119 said:
    Thanks a bunch!!
    Kià

Dear Mr Bugg
    I am writing to you to know the deadline for the posting of our pre made films since I could not find a date in the attachment.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
    I am writing to let you know the deadline for posting our pre made films, since (or 'as', or 'because') I could not find a date in the attachment.

Hope that helps

Panpan

Alfry

Italian
    Panpan said:
    I am writing to let you know the deadline for posting our pre made films, since (or 'as', or 'because') I could not find a date in the attachment.

Hope that helps

Panpan
    Interesting, I mean the suggestion as to "as", "because" and "since".

Are they completely interchangeable or one is better than the others?

grazie

Panpan

England, English
    'As' and 'because' are interchangeable in this context, although 'as' is also used in similes e.g. 'black as night', 'hard as nails' etc.

You can use 'since' to mean 'as' or 'because', but you need the comma, otherwise 'since' could be misread as ('as' in the sense of 'in mistake for' :D) 'from the time that I couldn't find the date'.

'Because' would be clearest.

Panpan

ikester

US - American English
    chiara9119 said:
    Thanks a bunch!!
    Kià

Dear Mr Bugg

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
    I think the previous translation may have misinterpreted the request...

I am writing to ask the deadline for posting our premade* films, as I could not find a date in the attachment.

*I sometimes use the hyphenated form (such as pre-made) on less common "pre-" words, but the correct spelling is the one above. Either way is commonly accepted, but "pre" never stands alone.

ciao,

Alfry

Italian
    Panpan said:
    'As' and 'because' are interchangeable in this context, although 'as' is also used in similes e.g. 'black as night', 'hard as nails' etc.

You can use 'since' to mean 'as' or 'because', but you need the comma, otherwise 'since' could be misread as ('as' in the sense of 'in mistake for' :D) 'from the time that I couldn't find the date'.

'Because' would be clearest.

Panpan
    Grazie mille Panpan

chiara9119

Italy Italian
    ikester said:
    I think the previous translation may have misinterpreted the request...

I am writing to ask the deadline for posting our premade* films, as I could not find a date in the attachment.

*I sometimes use the hyphenated form (such as pre-made) on less common "pre-" words, but the correct spelling is the one above. Either way is commonly accepted, but "pre" never stands alone.

ciao,
    Dear Ikester

Thank you very much!
    You grasped the meaning of my e-mail.
    Thanks to all the others who have helped also, not forgotten!!:thumbsup:
    You are great!!!!!

Ciao for now,
    Kià

< Previous | Next >