Asking

CristinaBurke

Italiano
Ciao, la parola Asking può essere tradotta come "interessamento"?

Thanks for asking but I'm fine.

Grazie per l'interessamento, ma io sto bene.

• TrentinaNE

USA
    English (American)
    In inglese si può dire anche "Thanks for your interest, but I'm fine." Quindi mi sembra che la tua traduzione sia quasi uguale! ;)

Elisabetta

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Cristina, interessamento might fit as a translation in this context, but it doesn't always fit.
    Thanks for asking her how to make tiramisu. I'll make some tomorrow.
    Thanks for asking him my question.
    Thanks for asking them to the dance.
    Thanks for asking him to perform at the festival.

aj15224

English, United States
    dopo aver studiato l'italiano per 6 mesi, questo e' un bell'esempio di una delle differenze fra italiano ed inglese: in general in english we use "asking" as a form of the verb (including the nounal infinitive forms "asking" or "to ask"). It can be used as a noun (for example in the sentence "it's yours for the asking"), but I would say that this is rare.

It is quite common and correct to say in english "thanks for asking, but i am fine"... however I do not think that you can translate this word-for-word into italian. A proper italian version would be something like "grazie per avermi chiesto, ma sto bene" o qualcosa simile (using the past participle with the infinitive "avere"). You can say in english "thanks for having asked me, but i am fine", but it seems a bit formal and is not commonly used in daily conversation. just my opinion....:D

Jana337

čeština
    carrickp said:
    I'm trying to figure out how you'd say this using "informarsi" but I can get the gerund tenses right.
    What exactly do you want to say? :confused:

Jana

Alice_in_Wonderland

Banned
    Denmark; Danish & Swedish
    Jana337 said:
    What exactly do you want to say? :confused:

Jana
    I think (just a guess) that he might be trying to find out how to translate 'thanks for asking' using the verb 'informarsi', but he's not sure how to render the gerundive -ing in that case.

Una cosa cosi', intendi forse, CarrickP:

-thanks for asking = grazie per esserti informato... ?

Ciao da
    Marta :)

Alice_in_Wonderland said:
    I think (just a guess) that he might be trying to find out how to translate 'thanks for asking' using the verb 'informarsi', but he's not sure how to render the gerundive -ing in that case.

Una cosa cosi', intendi forse, CarrickP:

-thanks for asking = grazie per esserti informato... ?

Ciao da
    Marta :)
    Exactly -- that's what I was looking for. Sorry I did not express myself better. How does your "grazie per esserti informato" sound in Italian for "thanks for asking"?

< Previous | Next >