aspetto istintuale

Cheron

UK
English UK
Hello, I'm not sure what this means: (yes, I have checked the forum threads)

In una visione che si estende tra botanica, antropologia e aspetto istintuale, la poetica dell'artista si lega all'interpretazione della natura.

In a vision which extends between botany, anthropology and instinctual aspect ???? the artist's poetry is tied in with her interpretation of nature.

Any ideas, please?

• Starless74

Italiano
    Più che altro, mi chiedo: "aspetto istintuale" di chi o di cosa? Dell'autore stesso? Di uomini (antropologia)? Di piante (botanica)? :confused:
    Credo che il contesto fornito non sia sufficiente...

theartichoke

English - Canada
    Do you have to translate this, Cheron, or just understand it? If it's the former, it strikes me as the kind of Italian academese that works best if loosely translated into roughly equivalent English academese. Assuming that a) we're talking about an actual poet, not the "poetics" of visual arts or something else that's not poetry, and b) that the original gives no clue as to whose instincts we're talking about, let's give it a try with the above method: Drawing on botany, anthropology, and an instinctual sensibility, the poetics of [poet's name] are intrinsically linked to her interpretation of Nature. :D

Cheron

UK
    English UK
    "Instinctual sensibility". That's what I was after. Many thanks!

A beautiful translation, theartichoke!

lentulax

UK English
    I think 'aspetto istintuale' belongs to nature , not to the artist, whereas 'instinctual sensibility' seems to be applicable only to the artist.

'In a vision which encompasses botany, anthropology and its [nature's] instinctive aspect, the poetics of the artist are bound up with her interpretation of nature.' I can't say with any confidence what it's supposed to mean, but I suppose botany and anthropology represent scientific ways of knowing nature, whereas the aspetto istintuale is that element of nature the understanding of which is gained through the feelings by direct communion with it.

< Previous | Next >