Assert oneself, push something through

< Previous | Next >

ITiger

Ukrainian, Russian
Hi guys,

Consider the situation where despite certain hurdles and difficulties, a person is able to "push his/her idea through", to eventually get the job done, etc.
What is the best expression for this? The first thing which came to my mind was "to assert oneself" or "push something through"... Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    To have an idea accepted (I assume that's what you mean) and to get a job done are two different things. Can you describe the situation for us?

ITiger

Ukrainian, Russian
    To have an idea accepted (I assume that's what you mean) and to get a job done are two different things. Can you describe the situation for us?
    Hi! Sorry for not expressing my question precisely enough. The expression I'm looking for should refer to a situation when are person "managed to get something done/pushed it through". A use case for that: despite the unfavourable circumstances, an employee insisted that his conditions are accepted without changes and due to his determination he managed to "get himself through".
    In German, for example, (note: German is not my native language), you could use <-----German word deleted----->for such case.

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >