Asset mapping

< Previous | Next >

arilikeairy

English - US
Hi - I'm wondering if anyone might know how to translate "asset mapping" into Spanish. It's a sociological term that means to look for assets in different organizations/people/etc., then compare them, and then look at potential new connections. In other words, it focuses on positive aspects rather than deficits within a population to solve a problem.

Thanks!

• arilikeairy

English - US
    Sure. Here's are a few sentences that describe the idea:

“Community Asset Mapping is a capacity-focused way of redeveloping devastated communities. This positive approach is proposed as a substitute for the traditional deficits focus on a community’s needs and problems."

"The asset-based approach does not remove the need for outside resources, but makes their use more effective."

"Community Asset Mapping has very little to do with spatial mapping... and much more to do with a community survey and the mobilizing of individuals and organizations to make connections and build capacity."

I took these quotes from the first result when I Google "asset mapping" (on the Social Design Notes page). (Sorry, new forum users can't post links!)

fuskas

Spanish spain
    Hello, i do not think this translation would be the best...
    "is a capacity-focused way of redeveloping devastated communities" how it says, it is something related to communities with no resources... so here it goes...
    "Sistema de recursos de las comunidades"

< Previous | Next >