assets on behalf of the fund or its fund family

sophiasophie

Chinese
Hi,
There is this sentence:
Certain mutual funds may pay Edward Jones additional amounts known as revenue sharing payments, which are based on overall sales and/or assets on behalf of hte fund or its fund family.

I feel confused about "assets on behalf of hte fund or its fund family", can you tell me your understanding of it? Thank you.

• london calling

UK English
    Hte? I imagine that that is a misprint, Surely it's the definite article 'the'. Regards the meaning, I think we need more context, as this is not really a language problem: there are those of us who also need to understand how mutual funds work.

sophiasophie

Chinese
    Hte? I imagine that that is a misprint, Surely it's the definite article 'the'. Regards the meaning, I think we need more context, as this is not really a language problem: there are those of us who also need to understand how mutual funds work.
    Hi, this is a brochure made by a financial service company, and it is explaining some amounts other companies will pay to itself for its placing business for such companies, i.e. the financial company may recommend its clients to buy the products of such companies, so these companies will pay some money to the financial service company.

< Previous | Next >