assigner a residence


Senior Member
France; Français
what's the English for this French legal word meaning that the judge requires that you stay in your home.

Thank you.
  • Coff1Up

    English - USA
    C'est bien possible. Je n'ai pas compris à partir du contexte s'il s'agissait d'une personne singulière ou de tous les habitants d'une ville, région, etc.


    Senior Member
    English - Southern England Home Counties
    Assign or allocate. It means the judge says you must stay at a "fixed abode" - usually chosen by the police - e.g. at your brother's house in Fulham.
    It can mean house arrest - which means you can't leave the house or curfew which means no going-out after certain hours fixed by the police/judge (usually at night).

    Context? it depends on what the judge decided!!!
    < Previous | Next >