Assignment to

< Previous | Next >

Labga

Thai
Hi,

Are the following statements correct?
The board ratified the assignment to Mr.X as the representative to handle the account and hand the financial statement via internet.

Thanks in advance.

• Barque

Tamil
    The board ratified the assignment to Mr.X as the representative to handle the account and hand the financial statement via internet.
    Which part of the sentence are you doubtful about, Labga?

Are the following statements correct?
    AreIs the following statements correct?

Unless you are asking about the phrase "Thanks in advance" as well - there are a couple of existing threads on that. :) And in any case only one question allowed per thread!

Labga

Thai
    I am asking is the sentence grammatically correct and understandable. Sorry. today I'm a bit confused.

Barque

Tamil
    I am asking is the sentence grammatically correct and understandable.
    Yes, I understand and sorry if I sounded flippant. But we're not allowed to do proof-reading, so you need to tell us if you have a specific question about any part of your sentence.

The sentence is grammatically correct (though not really clear) apart from the words "hand the financial statement". I think you mean either "hand over", in which case you need some words to clarify to whom the handover will happen, or "handle".

Last edited:

Labga

Thai
    Sorry I have no intention to violate the forum rules. My questions are
    1. The use of "assignment TO Mr.X AS.. is correct or not?
    2. VIA internet is correct or not.
    Thank you.

Barque

Tamil
    The use of "assignment TO Mr.X AS.. is correct or not?
    I think the words you want are "appointment of". The board ratified the appointment of Mr.X...

VIA internet is correct or not.

I don't know what you mean by the words just before "via internet" - "hand the financial statement".

Do you mean he is going to hand over the financial statements to someone, either by email or a document sharing facility? I suggest you say "via the internet" and specify who the recipient is.

< Previous | Next >