assisting <has> enabled me to be ...

< Previous | Next >

gookenhaim

Korean
I'm writing my cover letter now and below is my line.

"At Air Force, assisting in team-based air control operation enabled me to be an attentive communicator
even in an urgent working environment."

I wrote in past verb tense, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate when I want to say "I've acquired some skills from the experience."

Shoul I use present perfect tense and change it into "has enabled me to be an attentive communicator"?

(Also I'm curious about the use of the article "an" Do I need to include it or just remove it from "in an urgent working environment"?

Thank you for reading this!

Last edited:
  • Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    I think the tense you've used is correct, and that the article 'an' is appropriate. Several minor corrections later:

"While in the Air Force, assisting in team-based air control operations enabled me to become an attentive communicator, even in an urgent working environment."

I'm not sure what you mean by 'urgent', but perhaps you should save that for another thread.

gookenhaim

Korean
    thank you so much for your help!

I wanted to use the word "urgent" to say about a working place where we should work under pressure:)

Maybe it would sound weird because I'm a foreigner and couldn't understand whether it's appropriate in the context.

Thank you!

LesStrater

English - American
    Play it safe:
    "enabled me to become an attentive communicator even, in a working environment where immediate action was required."

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    thank you so much for your help!

I wanted to use the word "urgent" to say about a working place where we should work under pressure:)

Maybe it would sound weird because I'm a foreigner and couldn't understand whether it's appropriate in the context.

Thank you!
    I think I'd call that a high-pressure working environment.

< Previous | Next >