Associate degree - Early Childhood

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Geneva, May 3, 2009.

  1. Geneva

    Geneva Senior Member

    Spanish, US
    Hello All,

    I'm translating into Spanish the transcripts and Certificates a lady received after studying early childhood:infant/toddler care in a technical community college (a 2 year degree).
    I have not been able to find a word in Spanish that would be equivalent to an "Associate Degree" or Early Childhood "Associate".
    I looked up other threads with this subject, but I see that people did not arrive to any conclusion.
    Has anybody here translated this kind of title into Spanish before? what word did you find works best to express "associate" degree?
    Thanks a lot!
  2. Ynez Senior Member

    Parece ser que hay Cursos de Formación Profesional que se llaman:

    - Auxiliar de Educación Infantil.
    - Técnico de Educación Infanil.

    (Grado de .....)

    Eso no es la universidad. En esta hay una carrera de tres años que se llama:

    - Maestro de Educación Infantil.

    (Diplomatura de...)
  3. hawk68 Senior Member

    Baltimore, USA
    Mid-atlantic American english
    Usualment escribiría "Asociado en Desarrollo Infantil" o "Titulo en Educación Infantil Temprano"...o algo asi.

    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

Share This Page