Associated sexual attention

HoneyHoney

Español
Hola: mi duda principal es sobre el participio "associated" en la siguiente oración, no estoy segura de su función:

"She attributed this feeling scared to her associated sexual attention with their being predators."

Mi versión al español es la siguiente:

"Atribuyó este sentimiento de miedo a su atención sexual asociada con el hecho de ser predadores".

Cualquier contribución o mejora la agradeceré.

• k-in-sc

U.S. English
    I think "associated" here should be "associating." Or, looking at the original, "to her association of sexual attention with ..."

grubble

British English
    There's something wrong with his sentence. It is not grammatically well-formed.

"She attributed this feeling scared to their being predators." :tick:

"She attributed this feeling scared to her associated sexual attention. Grammatically correct but what does it mean?

HoneyHoney - Is this from a printed book or from a proof? It could simply be the result of an incorrect edit.

P.S. I have heard the phrase "sexual tension" but "sexual attention"??????

HoneyHoney

Español
    It is a sentence from a printed book. I thought it was weird too, that's why I asked, but as I am a spanish speaker I thought there was something I simply could undertand. So, I will consider the idea of a mistake in the editon. Thank you!!!

k-in-sc

U.S. English
    I don't know why it's phrased like that, but as I said, it means "to her association of (receiving) sexual attention with their being predators," i.e., in her mind, if they are giving her sexual attention, they must be predators, so she feels scared.

grubble

British English
    I don't know why it's phrased like that, but as I said, it means "to her association of (receiving) sexual attention with their being predators," i.e., in her mind, if they are giving her sexual attention, they must be predators, so she feels scared.
    Yes that is possible but, as you say, it is still grammatically incorrect in the original. So there is still an error in the printed book.

< Previous | Next >