Assumption = Compromise

TraductoraPobleSec

Catalan & Spanish
Hi everyone at WR English Only:

Could any of you tell me whether "assumption" in the following piece of text can be interpreted as "compromise"?

Weave a mat (milestones, assumptions and tasks): The final step is to compile three lists: major milestones you need to meet; assumptions that are built into your business model and tasks you need to accomplish...

A million thanks! :)

• tepatria

Canadian English
    Assumptions are things that are assumed to be built in, though not necessarily stated. We can assume you will be honest and polite in dealing with customers, for example. Compromise denotes giving something up or changing something to achieve a good result.

TraductoraPobleSec

Catalan & Spanish
    Assumptions are things that are assumed to be built in, though not necessarily stated. We can assume you will be honest and polite in dealing with customers, for example. Compromise denotes giving something up or changing something to achieve a good result.
    Then, what about plan as a synonym for assumption?... I need to translate the word into Spanish and find it's not that easy...:(

Many thanks, Canada!

nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Hi everyone at WR English Only:

Could any of you tell me whether "assumption" in the following piece of text can be interpreted as "compromise"?

Weave a mat (milestones, assumptions and tasks): The final step is to compile three lists: major milestones you need to meet; assumptions that are built into your business model and tasks you need to accomplish...

A million thanks! :)
    Hello, dear TraductoraPobleSec:)
    How about "facts" "preconditions" "concepts" (to replace "assumptions")

Good luck for the translation:)

Edit: I don't like "plan" too much in this context..........

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Of course, you may want to change the whole beginning of the sentence. The "MAT" mentioned is an acronym of M (= Milestones) + A (= Assumptions) + T (= Tasks) If you do not have a three-letter word in Spanish that you want to make your acronym, you really should omit the whole "mat" mnemonic.

TraductoraPobleSec

Catalan & Spanish
    Of course, you may want to change the whole beginning of the sentence. The "MAT" mentioned is an acronym of M (= Milestones) + A (= Assumptions) + T (= Tasks) If you do not have a three-letter word in Spanish that you want to make your acronym, you really should omit the whole "mat" mnemonic.
    Wow! I'm so grateful for your commentary: I didn't know about it and would not have noticed!

Green White Blue: you're a wonder!

< Previous | Next >