Assurance of Salvation

< Previous | Next >

Susan Su

Chinese
Hi friend,

When I browsed a religious website, I saw "Assurance of Salvation." But I didn't understand the meaning of "Assurance of Salvation." I was wondering whether it means "we confirm we have been saved by Lord Jesus" or "we confirm that we will be saved when Lord Jesus comes again."
The context:
Assurance Of Salvation
Assurance of Salvation?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please provide more context. A link would also be helpful. Without more information, we can't possibly say for sure what the phrase is intended to mean.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Asurance means the certain knowledge, in this case, that you will have eternal life. You will be saved - that is what salvation means. It's like a promise, as explained in the text.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    I was wondering whether it means "we confirm we have been saved by Lord Jesus" or "we confirm that we will be saved when Lord Jesus comes again."
    "Assurance of Salvation." means "a guarantee that you will end up in heaven when you're dead."

The two websites are from different religions, and so, they have different views on the answer to the question.. and neither of them consider Romans:9

The question of when, after death, you go to heaven is another question, but not a language question.

< Previous | Next >