astine portablister

< Previous | Next >

misterious_violet

romanian
Hi there!

How do you call "astine portablister" in English?

One of the meanings (the one I need) of the word "portablister" in Italian is a small display in a shop/supermarket, the one where they hang small goods.

The context is this: "Monitor the needs and ask the Store Manager for the order of Fixture Complements (hangers, astine portablister, etc…)."

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi MV!
    I've found "portablister" as "portablister" and "porta-blister".
    Googling a bit it is a small plastic container like THIS to hold pills.
    In your context, it would just be a "rack".

The "astine" I'm finding VERY difficult to translate - it may mean "small" or "delicate", but I'm not sure.

Let's wait for more help.

ConusMagus

Italian
    Hi MV,
    maybe if you could describe what an "astina" is for you, we could find a translation. I knew a "portablister" but not an "astina portablister".

P.S. "astina" = "litte pole/rod"

Bye.

misterious_violet

romanian
    Hi MV,
    maybe if you could describe what an "astina" is for you, we could find a translation. I knew a "portablister" but not an "astina portablister".

P.S. "astina" = "litte pole/rod"
    Well, actually I'm not experienced in this stuff....it's a pice of the text I'm translating, related to the responsabilities of the Store Manager.
    Anyway from what I know, a "portablister" by definition is a little pole/rod (astina), so I think it's a redundant expression. Don't you think?
    I just need the English word(s) used to call this object.

london calling

UK English
    Well, actually I'm not experienced in this stuff....it's a pice of the text I'm translating, related to the responsabilities of the Store Manager.
    Anyway from what I know, a "portablister" by definition is a little pole/rod :cross:(astina), so I think it's a redundant expression. Don't you think?:cross:
    I just need the English word(s) used to call this object.

Hello!
    A blister pack (blister packaging) are those plastic (PVC?) things they pack pills in: you put pressure on the tin-foil side and the pill pops out of the other!

Blister pack display rack is an espositore di blister in supermarkets, etc.

misterious_violet

romanian
    Hello!
    A blister pack (blister packaging) are those plastic (PVC?) things they pack pills in: you put pressure on the tin-foil side and the pill pops out of the other!

Blister pack display rack is an espositore di blister in supermarkets, etc.
    That's it!
    The point is that I was sure you call blister pack only the pack for the pills....but now after googling it I could find out from a dedicated page on Wikipedia, that besides it's a pack for a big range of small consumer goods.
    Blister pack display rack is my word! :) Thank you!

Thank you all for the answers.

< Previous | Next >