at a deliberative level

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Please copy the sentence for us, goophy. Include the sentence before and after. You can give us up to four sentences, in total. Then you should tell us in your own words what the article is about. (See Context and Background.)

People who want to help you shouldn't have to use the link to find the context. It should be in the post itself. The link should be extra, for people who want to know more.

Added: Cross-posted with Copyright, who is quicker. :)

goophy

Taiwanese, Mandarin Chinese
    Thanks for your suggestions. However, I wish I could explain what I had no idea of, then I wouldn't bother people here. I don't know how to. Sorry! and thanks again. :)

Copyright

American English
    A good start is to copy the four sentences, as we recommended. That way we have the title of the article and four sentences of context.

Right now your link goes to an 8-page PDF file and the Find function doesn't work (for me), so I would have to read the article until I came upon your phrase. I'm afraid that's asking too much of forum members -- a link is welcome, but you must word your question in such a way that we can answer it without clicking the link.

goophy

Thank you guys for willing to help me out. Here's the 3-line quotations from the pdf, although four and a half line quotations will be clearer, which will be, again, against the forum rules.

Processes related to feedings, obstacle avoidance and ex-
    ploratory and social learning are omitted from the diagram,
    and some of these may occur at a deliberative level.
    p.4 of that pdf.

Thanks again.

Copyright

American English
    Hello, Goophy. You're allowed to quote four sentences of text. The four-line rule is for poetry and song lyrics.

goophy

Oops! OK. I'll paste a little more but under limitation of 4 sentences. My fault! should have read the forum rules thouroughly.

Figure 3: Architecture Design Type 1: A reactive and de-
    liberative architecture to support stange situation patterns
    of behaviour. The dashed arrows represent routes through
    the architecture that that compete, and may switch moment
    to moment during a trhee minute episode. Reactive training
    occurs by re-inforcement learning over many prior episodes.
    Processes related to feedings, obstacle avoidance and ex-
    ploratory and social learning are moitted from the diagram,
    and some of these may occur at a deliberative level.
    Does 'deliberative' in 'at a deliberative level' mean doing something on purpose in a chosen way?
    Thanks a lot.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    deliberative comes from deliberate

Deliberate = to weigh carefully or to considered in depth or for some time; to study with intent;

Deliberative = dealing with the wisdom and expediency of something

at a deliberative level = when they are considered carefully; when a certain depth of analytic thought is given.

goophy

Thank you very much, PaulQ. That's quite clear. Much appreciated!! :)

< Previous | Next >