At key times of welcoming

Margaret Moore

Chinese
Hi, everyone.
(1)At key times of welcoming the Lord’s return in the last days, only when we act as the pure in heart can we have the chance to see God and attain God’s salvation in the last days.
(2)Particularly in the crucial moment of welcoming the Lord’s return in the last days, we should even more act as people who are pure of heart.
Is it idiomatic to put 'of doing' at the end of 'at key times' and 'in the crucial moment'?
I also wonder whether 'when we act as the pure in heart' understandable to native speakers.
Thanks.

Last edited:
  • dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I also wonder whether 'when we act as the pure in heart' understandable to native speakers.
    Probably not. To me "the pure in heart" means "all people who have pure hearts". But "we act like them" means "we are not pure in heart, but we pretend we are by our actions". Is that what you mean? Pretending to be pure in heart?

I don't think we can "pretend" anything to God. We can't trick God.

Or do you mean actually becoming pure in heart? Purifying our hearts by eliminating (rejecting, forsaking) all bad motives like greed and envy? We say things like that in English.

Margaret Moore

Chinese
    OK, thanks. The Lord Jesus once said, “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God” (Matthew 5:8).
    I mean we should seek to be this kind of people—the pure in heart.

So 'act as' is a problem in both segments: "only when we act as the pure in heart" and "we should even more act as people who are pure of heart. "

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >