at the beach of...

< Previous | Next >

Art Kelly

Spanish
I have to do a composition for my English Teacher. I don't know if I did any mistake. Please help me.

Moderator edit: Do not post email addresses.

Hi friend,

How it’s going? I’m writing to tell you about our trip. We are going to visit Guanacaste. These are our plans for next week at the beach of Samara.

On Monday morning, we are going to the great Hotel Four Seasons. We are staying in that hotel all week. On Monday afternoon, we are buying our swimming costume at shopping center.

On Tuesday morning, we are swimming in the swimming pool of the hotel. Then on Tuesday afternoon, we are playing soccer on the beach.

On Wednesday, we are going to the Angie’s party. She is a friend of mine and she is twenty years old. You know I like to go to the parties but I’m not an animal party.

On Thursday, we are having a lunch in the White Horse Restaurant. On Thursday afternoon, we can go mountain biking at the heath of Samara.

On Friday, we are skateboarding with Angie’s friends. On Friday night, we are dancing in a disco all night.

On Saturday, we are surfing on the sea. On Sunday, we are leaving bus station at 8:00 a.m.

What do you think about these plans? Do you agree with them?

Nice hear of you.

Randall

• Trisia

Romanian
    Sorry, Art Kelly, but we're not allowed to proofread such long texts. Maybe you could open up a thread for each specific doubt that you have?

Art Kelly

Spanish
    Here are my doubts in the composition.

These are our plans for next week at the beach of Samara. I am not sure if I can write "at the beach" in this sentence.

we are buying our swimming costume at shopping center. I am not sure if I can write "at shopping center" in this sentence.

we can go mountain biking at the heath of Samara. I am not sure if I can write "at the heath" in this sentence.

Mancub

Français, French
    Just some advices about conjugation: you are talking about plans for the future, some plans you propose to your friend. So a conditionnal could be better. An exemple: We could go to the cinema on wenesday evening and if you feel like to meet girls/boys what about going to the night club after the cinema?.... Or use the future : On thursday we will skateboard with my friends...What do you think about it?

Art Kelly

Spanish
    "You know I like to go to the parties but I’m not an animal party". I am not sure if this sentences is well.

Thank in advance for your help.

nzseries1

New Zealand - English
    An animal party would be a party where animals attend. It sounds like a fantastic idea, but unfortunately I don't think it's what you were meaning :) :)

Mancub

Français, French
    So you would rather say "go mountainbiking in samaha heath". What do native english speakers think? - because I am not very sure.

nzseries1

New Zealand - English
    I would say:

"mountainbiking at the heath"
    "mountainbiking in Samaha Heath"

The difference being that Samaha Heath is a proper noun (well I assume it is). You could say "at Samana Heath" as well, and I don't know which is more correct, but this is just what I would say.

Art Kelly

Spanish
    we are buying our swimming costume at shopping center. I am not sure if I can write "at shopping center" or "at the shopping center" in this sentence.

I really think that people in this website are very nice. Thanks a lot for your good advices.

< Previous | Next >