At the meeting

< Previous | Next >

Coco coco

English - Scotland
Bonsoir,

It seems basic but I'd like to check how you say: It was nice to meet you at the meeting at the university.

J'ai été très contente d'avoir fait votre connaissance en la réunion à l'université

Is that correct? I had originally used the preposition 'dans' but read in the dictionary that you use 'en une réunion' to mean in a meeting, don't want people thinking I mean on the island of la Réunion ;)

Thanks for your help

• Gravos

Français - France
    J'ai été très contente d'avoir fait votre connaissance lors de la réunion à l'université

For the island of la Réunion, we say "à la Réunion", and usually we say "à une réunion" or "à la réunion" but "lors de" is better here. Beware of your dictionary because "en une réunion" seems not correct to me :)

Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    Hi,

"à la réunion".

But we don't like repetitions in French, so ".. à la réunion à l'université" would certainly change to "lors de la réunion à l'université", for example, especially if the sentence is written.

Coco coco

English - Scotland
    C'est un plaisir d'avoir fait votre connaissance à la conférence /meeting ...
    Is it still ok to keep 'C'est un plaisir' in the present, although it's happened already? I'm aware the second part of the sentence is in the past, is this more idiomatic than my translation? :)

Jean-Michel Carrère

French from France
    "Ce fut un plaisir de ..." (or "J'ai été ravie de ...") faire votre connaissance lors de (or "à l'occasion de") la réunion à l'université.

< Previous | Next >