At the same

alibey71

Türkçe
"One of the purposes of this book is to show how Elizabethan England performed a delicate balancing act between both faiths that was unique in Europe at the same, and a result of the very specific nature of Elizabeth I’s religious and diplomatic policy." (Jerry Brotton, This Orient Isle- Elizabethan England and the Islamic World)

What does "at the same" mean here? I suspect that it's a misprint for "at the time".

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Are you sure you have copied the sentences correctly? The first sentence -- "One of the purposes of this book is to show how Elizabethan England performed a delicate balancing act between both faiths that was unique in Europe" -- appears to be from Brotton's earlier book, The Sultan and the Queen, and it ends after "Europe."

alibey71

Türkçe
    Are you sure you have copied the sentences correctly? The first sentence -- "One of the purposes of this book is to show how Elizabethan England performed a delicate balancing act between both faiths that was unique in Europe" -- appears to be from Brotton's earlier book, The Sultan and the Queen, and it ends after "Europe."
    Yes, Florentia52, I've copied it correctly. It's from the first edition (2016) of This Orient Isle- Elizabethan England and the Islamic World.