athlete (electronics)

< Previous | Next >

whodouthinkyouare

Spanish
I don't know if it is a spelling mistake, but I had athlete in this context:

The Customer shall, upon xxx’s reasonable request, provide xxx with available logos, pictures and promotional materials of the Customer Content at Customer’s costs, in accordance with the agreed Promotional Guidelines as referred to in Clause 2.4.4. XXX acknowledges and agrees that any use of the Customer’s logos or trade marks shall only be with the prior written consent and subject to the conditions of the Customer. The Customer Content its athletes, characters and IPR are the property of the Customer. XXX is not allowed to use them except for the purposes of the Trial. XXX refrains from using the Customer Content or parts of it for the promotion of any third party or any third party’s products and/or services.

Thanks in advance for your help!​

• VineyardHarv

English - England
    I don't know if it is a spelling mistake, but I had athlete in this context:

The Customer shall, upon xxx’s reasonable request, provide xxx with available logos, pictures and promotional materials of the Customer Content at Customer’s costs, in accordance with the agreed Promotional Guidelines as referred to in Clause 2.4.4. XXX acknowledges and agrees that any use of the Customer’s logos or trade marks shall only be with the prior written consent and subject to the conditions of the Customer. The Customer Content, its athletes, characters and IPR are the property of the Customer. XXX is not allowed to use them except for the purposes of the Trial. XXX refrains from using the Customer Content or parts of it for the promotion of any third party or any third party’s products and/or services.

Thanks in advance for your help!​
    It makes sense, but someone has missed a comma between 'Customer Content' and 'its athletes'. Where did you get the electronics bit from?

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Is there any reason that they should be talking about athletes here? Is this an advertising agreement for something related to sports, or something else that athletes might endorse in advertisements?

If not, it looks like that kind of error you get when a computer spell-check miscorrects a misspelled word to something completely unrelated to the content.* I don't know what the proper word it would be here. The only thing I can think of is attributes ~ which seems too far from 'athletes', no matter how you misspell it.

* [This is sometimes called the Cupertino effect.]

< Previous | Next >