Attach security tags = fuse ?

legendany

Standard German
Hey folks, I'm new to this forum!

I'm writing an application for an internship in America. As I was describing my current job tasks on my résumé (working in a clothing store), I wondered how to phrase "attach security tags" in a more professional way. In German there is one word < ---- >. So this is what I have and I don't know if "fuse" is the proper word:

Unpack and fuse newly arrived commodity.

< Each question needs its own thread. Cagey, moderator. >

Thanks in advance!

< ---- > German removed. Only English in this forum, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Myridon

English - US
    It's so general that I have no idea what you do. My guess would be that you melt (using heat) something (the commodity) into a solid mass (like fusing sand into glass). ;)

Packard

USA, English
    If it is done at the source (at the manufacturer's facility) then "embedded", otherwise "attached" or "applied" would be my choices.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    So I unpack the jeans and then I fuse/secure (?) them attach these security tags.

If you feel you must explain why a security tag is attached, you could add "... to stop them being stolen."

legendany

Standard German
    Thanks for your help, guys! So it'd be "Unpack and attach security tags to newly arrived commodity."?

What about my second question about the refilling?

Hermione Golightly

British English
    To be more precise, you attach or fix security tags to garments. Or, if it is more than garments, such as bottles of drink, to 'goods' or merchandise.
    (The verb 'to be' takes an adjectival form).

(I am not 'a guy')

< Previous | Next >