Attached please find my CV in response to

Dear all,

Im order to apply to a job, I am writing an email with my resume and letter of motivation.

I thought about writing: "Attached please find my resume and my letter of motivation in response to Vacancy Announcement no. ###"

Is that correct?

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Im In order to apply to for a job, I am writing an email with my resume and letter of motivation.

I thought about writing: "Attached please find my resume and my letter of motivation in response to Vacancy Announcement no. ###"

Is that correct?
    "Attached please find my resume" is exactly right.

I'm not familiar with the term "letter of motivation", but if it is a message explaining what interests you about that particular job, then I think your e-mail would be that message. You would begin with, "I have seen your Vacancy Announcement no. ###, and I am very much interested in the position." You would then go on to explain your interest and goals, and you would end the message with "Attached please find my resume."

That, at least, would be the US style.

I'm not familiar with the term "letter of motivation", but if it is a message explaining what interests you about that particular job, then I think your e-mail would be that message. You would begin with, "I have seen your Vacancy Announcement no. ###, and I am very much interested in the position." You would then go on to explain your interest and goals, and you would end the message with "Attached please find my resume."

Thanks a lot, Parla.

Just to clarify: I already wrote the LoM (Cover Letter) and the company asks to send it, togheter woth a resume, by e-mail. So, I just need to write down a very short mail of about a couple lines.

That would be:

Dear sir/madam,

Attached please find my reume and my letter of motivation in response to Vacacy Announcement no. ####.

Kindest regards,

edisoncavani

Would it be correct?

Thanks a lot, Parla.

Just to clarify: I already wrote the LoM (Cover Letter) and the company asks to send it, togheter together woth a resume, by e-mail. So, I just need to write down a very short mail of about a couple lines.

That would be:

Dear sir/madam,

Attached please find my reume and my letter of motivation in response to Vacacy Announcement no. ####.

Kindest regards,

edisoncavani

Would it be correct?
    :eek::eek::eek:

Thank you all, but the motivation letter is not the issue here :)

Would this e-mail text be fine?

Dear sir/madam,

Attached please find my resume and my letter of motivation in response to Vacacy Announcement no. ####.

Kindest regards,

edisoncavani

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Thanks a lot, Parla.

Just to clarify: I already wrote the LoM (Cover Letter) and the company asks to send it, togheter woth together with a resume, by e-mail. So, I just need to write down a very short mail of about a couple lines.

That would be:

Dear sir/madam,

Attached please find my reume résumé and my letter of motivation in response to Vacancy Announcement no. ####.

Kindest regards, Sincerely,

edisoncavani

Would it be correct?
    I've suggested changing "kindest regards", since you don't know these people; otherwise, I think it's fine. Just be sure that you spell everything correctly. :)

Saurabh

English-British, Hindi

Thank you for your reply , Parla :)

<< Question removed because it is now in a thread of its own. >>

Good Luck, Edisoncavani......Hope you are able to get the job :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >