attention to the uniqueness

pukeena

Spanish from Spain
As a new parent feels his or her own way through his or her own transition to parenthood and feels with his or her infant, with attention to the uniqueness of this new infant and with help of supportive others , a new parent ir born.

mi propuesta:

Como cada padre y cada madre se sienten de una manera diferente en su cambio hacia la paternidad, y lo siente con su hijo, con atención a la singularidad de su nuevo hijo y con ayuda de otros que le apoyen, un nuevo progenitor ha nacido.

no le veo mucho sentido a la frase, ¿sería correcta la traducción?

• ovejanegra

English, USA
    to feel your way [through]
    to do something slowly and carefully. I've only been at the job two months, so I'm still feeling my way.
    Etymology: from the literal meaning of feel your way (= to move forward in a dark area by touching things with your hands)

I don't understand this part --"...and feels with his or her infant..." Has a word been omitted?

ovejanegra

English, USA
    I don't. Something is amiss in this sentence, and I'm not sure I understand its exact meaning.

As a new parent feels his or her own way through his or her own transition to parenthood, and feels with his or her infant... ←This makes sense to me. The parent makes the transition with his or her infant.

As a new parent feels his or her own way through his or her own transition to parenthood and feels his or her way through with his or her infant... ←This is obviously (and irritatingly) redundant, but it is understandable.

As a new parent feels his or her own way through his or her own transition to parenthood and feels at ease/more comfortable/whatever with his or her infant... ←This, too, makes sense to me.

The second half is slightly less confusing:

...with attention to the uniqueness of this new infant and with help of supportive others, a new parent is born.

In my opinion, the sentence should have been rewritten to avoid the repetition of "his or her", if for nothing else. Sorry that I couldn't be of greater help to you.

< Previous | Next >