attentional sharing

Latuamacchina

English/Midwest, USA
Hello,

I am wondering about how to translate the term "attentional sharing" in the phrase "I observed quite a bit of attentional sharing and checking with his parents." This is a neuropsych report that I am working on.

It seems to convey the same idea as se aseguro frecuentemente de la reaccion de sus padres (sorry I don't know how to put in the accents).

thanks

• Latuamacchina

English/Midwest, USA
    Thank you for the link which tells me that attentional sharing is the ability to perform two activities at once. So, it is definitely different from "checking with his parents." Still in this sentence it seems to be used to mean check with parents. I will have to decide, I guess.

LuzmaPerez

México, Español mexicano
    Hello,

I am wondering about how to translate the term "attentional sharing" in the phrase "I observed quite a bit of attentional sharing and checking with his parents." This is a neuropsych report that I am working on.

It seems to convey the same idea as se aseguro frecuentemente de la reaccion de sus padres (sorry I don't know how to put in the accents).

thanks
    Hi, again. I really don't think you have to decide anything in this case, since if you read carefully you'll find the sentence you're translating indeed mentions both concepts; even though the boy's attentional sharing could be related with "checking with his parents", it might be otherwise (he could be dividing his attention between different activities - not necessarily related with his parents attitude).
    Hope this helps!

< Previous | Next >