Audi-ya do it

josera--

Spanish - Spain
Dear friends:
This is a headline from a newspaper:
"Audi-ya do it?"
My try: "¿Lo hizo ya en el Audi?"

The article is about a thief. He demostrated how he could steal a locked car in less than 20 seconds.
I've never seen the word "ya" in English. "Ya" is a spanish adverb or conjunction; so I don't understand anything about this headline.
Please, what do you think?
Thanks in advance.

• josera--

Spanish - Spain
    Mmmmm, I was thinking about an "Audi", because the article refers to a $40,000 German saloon. And "Audi" is from Germany.
    And this is the first time I've read Ya=you!!
    Thank you, VTP & laluka)

VTP

Mexican Spanish
    Maybe it was a pun (juego de palabras).

The use of "ya" is actually very common. I think the most famous use of it is in the phrase "Love ya".

By the way, did the thief get away with the car? Or was it just a demonstration?

josera--

Spanish - Spain
    Maybe it was a pun (juego de palabras).

The use of "ya" is actually very common. I think the most famous use of it is in the phrase "Love ya".

By the way, did the thief get away with the car? Or was it just a demonstration?
    HAHAHA, it was just a demonstration!
    Mayby it was a pun, because the article don't specify; Mercedes, Audi, WW,..
    Thank you again.

aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    HAHAHA, it was just a demonstration!
    Mayby it was a pun, because the article don't specify; Mercedes, Audi, WW,..Thank you again.
    Of course it's a pun. The brand name Audi was chosen for the headline precisely in order to make the pun: Audi-ya do it? = How do you do it? = ¿Cómo lo haces?

aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >