augmenter à concurrence de

leapfrog

English
HiPlease could someone confirm that "augmenter à concurrence de" means "increase by up to" and not "increase to" - it's a very important difference!The context:"L’Assemblée Générale Extraordinaire a décidé d’augmenter le capital social de la Société à concurrence de EUR XXXXX"so translated:"At the Extraordinary General Meeting it was agreed to increase the Company’s share capital by up to EUR XXXXX"Thanks

• Sindbad

Français - France
    yes, I think your translation is good because in french, "à concurrence de" means "à hauteur de", "jusqu'à la limite de".

YvDa

French - Belgium
    If I am right,

1) augmenter le capital social à concurrence de 1 000 000 € = increase the capital to 1 000 000 €
    2) pratiquer une augmentation de capital à concurrence de 100 000 € = increase the capital by 100 000 €

In the French sentence, I understand (1). Anyway this is unsure as the limit value could refer to either the final capital or the capital increase, and (2) could hold too.

More context would be welcome (capital and increase).

leapfrog

English
    Thanks YvDA, having thoroughly scoured the document, it is now clear that it is the second of your examples that applies, so increse the capital by

< Previous | Next >